Don't mind me, I'm just posting something to blow the dust off the blog. I really ought to just write here more often than I do. Usually I'm posting either on someone else's blogs, on Facebook forums or on a couple of other forums that I frequent. Anyway, I am tweaking the design and hopefully will continue my project of posting some archival stuff and coming up with new ideas before too long. If you like the background photo, it's a picture from last July 4th, taken at the airport just before the fireworks were to start. Anyway, want an update?
Okay...
Sue and I have taken up drinking coffee. It only took me 47 years and it took her 40. During her most recent birthday, she had a good cup of Joe over at a friend's house and the next thing I know, she's hauling out the coffeemaker we got as a wedding gift about 157 years ago. Actually, we got three coffeemakers, which was ironic at the time since neither of us touched the stuff. Within days, a shattered carafe resulted in a trip to Target for a new machine and it's operating daily now.
I am gearing up for some major improvement projects at work and at church. At work, I've been setting up my boss's new computer, including trying to figure out how to preserve his 6+ gigs of email. For someone who didn't want to touch a computer just a few short years ago, he emails a lot! Figuring out how to transfer Outlook Express email to Outlook 2010 hasn't exactly been a smooth ride. I also have a big audio project ready to roll out at church; got parts together yesterday to get it started.
We are re-evaluating the next school year, as we do every year, and it may look a little different than it does now. Our delightful offspring have been a bit more of a challenge this year. I think the teen years have hit and it ain't always pretty.
I hauled out most of our bikes on Saturday and got them going. Both Tony and Elizabeth went riding for the first time this season. Sue got out for a much-deserved run after several weeks of downtime due to an injury. I priced out insurance for the motorcycle, which I have every intention of riding if gas goes to 5 bucks a gallon.
I am finding myself increasingly sick of politics. This is fodder for another post, but suffice it to say that my give-a-damn's pretty close to busted (to quote the country song) after months, if not years, of political posturing and division, especially here in Wisconsin. I'm just saturated with it. I'm not going to crawl under a rock and hide but please... give me a break from the phone calls, the commercials, the constant daily updates of who blasted whom for what. Politicians are politicians and I'm weary of the lot of them. A year's worth of political wrangling is like a month's worth of PMS.
That oughta do it for now.
Jim K.

No comments:
Post a Comment